Regional Field Service Representative Brazil (m/f/d)
- Vollzeit 40 Stunden/Woche
BOMAG is a world leading large-scale compaction machinery manufacturer, offering compaction equipment for soil, asphalt and landfill, soil stabilizer as well as asphalt cold in-place asphalt recycling machines. Established in Germany in 1957, BOMAG has now more than 2,000 employees all over the world, 6 subsidiaries in Germany, 10+ overseas, and 500 sales distributors in 120 countries.
BOMAG compaction equipment can be used for soil, roads and construction of reservoir, as well as landfill of various scales, asphalt road repair and road stabilizing. In order to improve operation of road compactors, the Company developed several top-notch intelligent measuring and management systems to control the process and result for optimal compaction of target material, providing effective protection for all types of road surface.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Dealer and customer support Brazil:
- Develop solutions on site according to specific local requirements, customer or dealer requirements under consideration of the respective technical and organizational framework. Coordination with Central Service or relevant authority in Service & Solutions and Regional Sales Management.
- Maintain and channel communication between dealers/customers and HQ.
- Respond to inquiries from dealers / customers (product information, problem solving, specific requirements... etc.) in a timely, professional and competent manner.
- Development of concepts and measures to secure specified quality standards.
Sales Support Brazil (parts and machines)
- Present application possibilities and functionalities of machines, aggregates, spare parts and services.
- Develop sales opportunities for new assemblies, systems and spare parts at the customer's premises in cooperation with dealership. Determine the customer's requirements by means of expert advice.
- Demonstrate economic potential and customer/dealer benefits for machines and any Aftersales products.
- Provide information to part sales and market development about specific regional customer requirements and competitive products. Participate in the joint development of solutions for these requirements with HQ and dealership.
- Support definition of repair kits for new products and, if necessary, encourage further development.
Coordination Dealer/Customer Contacts
- Providing logistic and technical support to regional Dealership service operations in the event of technical problem solving (product information, warranty, goodwill agreement, spare parts purchasing).
- Support inventory management for parts at Dealership to ensure optimized local availability of parts.
- In the case of critical warranty claims, support evaluation of defective parts, clarifying causes, determination of scope of damage/repair and forward a warranty recommendation for decision to HQ.
- Planning and implementing measures to ensure the availability of the machines and development of machine inspection programs in cooperation with Dealership.
- Decide on warranty services to a defined extent.
- Monthly report to the HQ about the performance of South America dealers in services issues.
- Ensure service and application support during new product launch in region.
- Plan and conduct basic on-site trainings as well as regular training of dealer technical service teams to maintain sustainable qualification level
- Contents for both training types: product technology, product safety, functionalities and suitable applications as well as troubleshooting and structured rectification of specific technical failures.
- Taking regional conditions and different basic knowledge of the participants into account.
- Monthly report to the HQ about the development of the training program.
- Willingness for intense travel activity within Brazil up to 80% required.
- International trip in Europe 2 times per year minimum.
- 20% of the rest of the time is home office.
- Personal responsibility for passport matters, medical precautions, etc.
- Engineering or Technology Degree or Bachelor degree or similar
- Minimum of five years relevant professional experience in similar industry, asphalt construction machine business preferred.
- Brazilian Portuguese and ability to communicate in English language effectively. Spanish or German language is a plus. Ability to resolve complex problems and work within a team.
- Ability to independently plan work schedule, task, perform self-quality checks and follow procedures.
This is where we are:
+49 (0)6742 100 131